Each and every day, McCallum Rock Drilling is dedicated to providing the safest work environment for our people, whether we are in the office, shop, on the road, or on-site. Our people take great pride in their craft and the services that we offer. Safety is a commitment from all of us, top to bottom, and we strive to instill a safety mindset in our people. However, we understand that creating an accident and injury-free workplace doesn’t happen overnight. It takes training and complete buy-in from our entire team.
Our greatest asset is our employees. Because our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our employees, MRD is intentionally focused on promoting and maintaining a positive safety culture that supports this ideal. We encourage open communication at all levels of our organization and continuously seek feedback from our employees as a means of improving our safety processes.
We are MSHA Part 46 and 48 trained.
What we do to create a safe environment for our team
- Host company-wide weekly safety meetings to discuss incidents, potential hazards, policies, procedures, etc.
- Daily job site tailgate meetings, led by our Operators and Blasters
- First-Aid and CPR trainings for all employees
- Hearing Conservation Program
- Site-specific Trainings
- Bi-yearly company-wide driller training
- Annual company-wide “Safety Summit” held at our company headquarters covering various safety topics in the construction and mining industry that can directly impact the health and safety of our people
What Our Customers Say
Book Your Next Safety Training
Contact us for a quote for MSHA training services or to hear about our other safety offerings.